Sunday, October 4, 2009

Love it: Hounds Tooth Dress


I love this dress because the hounds tooth print is a bit extreme. Extreme can be good and attention-grabbing. It may be a bit busy for most, but let me explain how I would wear this to work, then switch it up for evening.

For work (provided that the dress code is Business Casual, not Business Professional): I would layer a black mid-thigh length cardigan over the top of this dress and cinch the waist with a skinny black leather belt. I can see the belt being snack skin or some sort of texture to play against the hounds tooth. The solid black cardigan would calm down the hounds tooth print of the dress and make it seen not as dramatic as it is worn alone. Shoes? Something simple like an no-nonsense ankle boot (can you tell I LOVE ankle boots) or a simple round-toe black pump.

For evening: I would lose the cardigan and lose the matching belt that comes with the dress. I would wear a wide-width leather belt and keep the same shoes from the work day. The wide-width belt would break up the hounds tooth but wouldn't take away from the audacity of the hounds tooth the way the long cardigan does for the work day.


====================
Copyright © 2009 MerkyViews.com. This feed is for personal, non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, the site you are looking at is guilty of copyright infringement. If you are reading this on another website, please contact dmj650@gmail.com to let me know immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment